I'm addicted to online shopping

1
Online shopping isn't new to me. I've bought travel tickets, book hotels, buy electronics, etc. 1 item per month on the average. But when I chanced upon a Chinese website aliexpress.com, I bought 7 items online in a month! That might not be a big deal for regular shoppers but it is a big deal for someone who dislikes window shopping.

The first item I bought was a mobile phone. So naturally, I'd need to buy a handphone cover. I'd also need a portable charger and a bluetooth headset. And while I was at it, I also needed to buy a new case and screen protector for my iPad. And re-chargable batteries for my remote control. The more I browsed, the more things I "needed" to buy. It felt as though my mind would not rest until I click "Buy" and enter my credit card number. But then, I'd move on searching for the next product to buy.



Many items listed there are cheap - much cheaper than Gmarket. Of course there are many fakes, as there are at other sites too. For example, you could purchase a 64GB class 10 Samsung micro SD card for US$13. The packaging and items would all look real. I read that if you check the capacity in Windows it would state 64GB but with the right software you would find out that it's only a 4GB class 4 card. Cheap rechargeable batteries could look like batteries on the outside but they're just filled with rubbish. I have to be prepared to get what I pay for.

The items I wish to buy are inexpensive. I ask myself, "Do you need to think so long and hard over a few dollars?" I've spent SG$260 so far. That's less than the SG$350 profit I made from selling a Mulberry bag which I bought in UK. I can totally afford to buy what I bought. However, I don't like buying more than I need or generating waste when I dump my old stuff. I don't need a new bag or a new watch. But it sure would be nice to have new ones. And exciting to anticipate, receive and unwrap the package, and play with my new toys.

I hope online shopping is just a temporary means of entertainment - which has been affordable so far. Perhaps I'll stop when I use up the $350 "budget".

1 comments:

Xoric Prince said...

The post seems quite good and huge information is given to explore about cheap class 10 SD cards and the post is really helpful for me. Thanks for sharing your views.
Keep Further Posting....