I don't attend weddings

1
It sounded weird and I've never heard anyone say it. "I don't attend weddings," was her response to an invitation.



Some couples invite you for various reasons such as: they really would like you to participate in their celebration and share in their joy, to express that they have not forgotten you after all these years, they need to fill up the guest numbers, or it might be rude not to invite you.

How many times have you been invited to a wedding of a person whom you hardly know or whom you dislike? How many times have you accepted a wedding invitation but dreaded attending it?

The unusual response gave the couple certainty they needed rather than "I'll get back to you" and then needing to follow up or worse still have to waste money catering for the guests that do not show up. I thought it was brave of the invitee to respond that way. I'll try that next time.

Related post: Weddings and Ang Pows.

1 comments:

David said...

Yu-Kym, I have , never been invited to a wedding where I did not know one side very well.

Granted I have this happening to others.

David