Mid Valley: 5 - 7 December 2011

1
It was my 2nd time staying at Boulevard hotel. (First stay was in November) My room was very quiet the last time so I chose to stay here again. Unfortunately, it wasn't good this time. On the first night, the person in the adjoining room was smoking and had the TV turned on too loudly. The smoke was getting into my room through the gap under the connecting door. I was on the non-smoking floor so guests shouldn't be smoking in their rooms. I informed the reception about it, I heard the phone in the next room ringing, guy in the that room talking, then I heard him leave the room. The reception called me back and said they offered to move him to a smoking room. I thought I would have a good night's rest but I was awakened by morning prayer broadcast. When I left the hotel for the office that morning, I asked to be moved to another room for the subsequent night, with no adjoining door and facing away from wherever the broadcast came from. Here's what I got:
Boulevard Hotel suite
Boulevard Hotel suite
Boulevard Hotel suite
Boulevard Hotel suite
I brought my own bath gel that bubbles up
I was upgraded to a suite. The suite was nice. I could not hear the morning prayers but I could hear the train on the nearby track. Not being able to sleep well in hotel rooms is not new to be but isn't something that I could ever get "used to". The gym at the hotel was fairly well-equipped. The usual machines were available and there was free weights too. Membership is open to the public (a Malaysian guy at the gym told me that he was a member at the gym). I had a quick meal at a cafe in Mid Valley Megamall. Not fantastic. The chilli for the Kueh Pie Ti was disappointing.
Char Kuey Teow
Kueh Pie Ti
I didn't take any pictures during my previous trip in November so I took some this time.
Mid Valley Megamall
Mid Valley Megamall
Mid Valley Megamall
Mid Valley Megamall
Banks and money changers are in the basement
Banks and money changers are in the basement
Money changer
I couldn't get a seat on an early Singapore Airlines (SQ) flight so I chose to fly by Air Asia instead. There is no dinner served on SQ flight between KL and SG. They won't even offer a packet of peanuts. (I heard you can request for it.) By flying Air Asia, I get to reach home earlier, got a seat upgrade, priority boarding and have dinner on the plane for less than SGD80. I had to go to the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) instead of the other airport KLIA. It costs slightly more to get here by taxi. Everything about the terminal screams budget! Take a look:
KL LCCT
Do NOT buy sushi from this counter
I have the habit of buying food before the flight in case my flight is delayed and I get hungry. I bought sushi. It was a mistake! It didn't taste good at all. I don't mean it has gone bad but the rice, the meat, the proportion and the serving temperature were all wrong. Should have stuck with MacDonald's (with free wifi)! It was a MAD rush to get through the gates. Although I had priority boarding, I had a hard time getting through the crowd that was blocking the exit. Once through the gate, it was a bit of a walk from the terminal to the plane under a covered walkway. If you think Singapore's budget terminal is bad, you should try this! The couple seated behind me tried to order a green curry meal but the flight attendant told them that it had to be pre-ordered online. (It was a 45-min flight and they don't have time to take orders, heat the food, serve it and collect the trash). Too bad for them! :D
Green curry meal

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pays to complain? The suite is beautiful! Too bad it had To end at a "budget" terminal but worse for the couple who could only drool at your Fud :-D