My "freebo" 2nd day of the lunar new year

1

I finally set foot into the Istana yesterday. The queue was long at 2pm so I came back later at 5pm. There was enough space to walk around but it was way too crowded for my liking. Just after taking this photo, a reporter and cameraman from channelnewsasia asked my friend and me a few questions such as why did we choose to be there during the lunar new year, was it our first visit there, are we happy, etc. I wanted to say that I was there because there were no entrance fees and it was way too crowded. Instead, I said that I was there for the trees and landscaping and that the turnout was more than expected.

The footage from my interview didn't get aired. I guess it was because I didn't mention anything about wanting to meet the president or watching the perfomances. Or perhaps if I had said I was there because it was free they would have aired it for everyone to laugh at!

Talking about free, I visited the free Dreams & Reality: Masterpieces of Painting, Drawing and Photography from the Musee d'Orsay, Paris, exhibition at the National Museum exhibition after leaving the Istana grounds. At about 3pm yesterday, the queue to get in was ridiculous. We tried again at 6.30pm when the queue had cleared. It isn't pleasant being in a crowded galary anyway.

Cameras without the use of flash were allowed. The Birth of Venus (by Alexandre Cabanel) and Starry Night (by Vincent van Gogh) were among the star attractions. You could take photos with the pictures but because of the dim lighting, you won't look any nicer than the people in the painting (which is why I did not display mine here).

If you feel like getting some freebies and you are bo liao (i.e. feel bored and have nothing better to do), you can get a "freebo" entry to the Dreams & Reality exhibition at the National Museum on January 28 and 29, and on February 3, 4 and 5.

1 comments:

vellions said...

I like your gal-next-door look.