Lost $20 though EZ-reload

10
I might have lost $20 because I linked my EZ-link card to my DBS Bank account.

In Nov 2009, $20.00 was deducted from my bank account when my EZ-link card was linked to my bank account. The $20 did not go into my card balance. I asked went to the ticketing office to ask about it. The person there told me that it was a holding amount that will be refunded when I de-link it. This was not mentioned in the application form.

So today, I went to the ticketing office to de-link my card from my bank account. I asked whether $20 will be refunded to my bank account. The officer said she has no idea about the $20. I went ahead to de-link it anyway. I called up the EZ-Link Hotline to ask how the $20 was going to be refunded to me. To my surprise, the officer told me that I owe EZ-link $20 and I need to go to the ticketing office to pay the outstanding amount! Wow! A net loss of $40??? ($20 deducted in Nov 09 and now I owe another $20?) It didn't make any sense! No way in hell will an organisation in Singapore allow customers to owe them any money. The officer said he is unable to check the details of the transactions because it was too long ago. I asked again him to check where the $20 went to. He said he will check and revert to me. I asked for his name. He said he was Michael. I asked for this surname. He refused to provide his surname. He insisted that there's only one Michael there. I said that the next month there might be a new employee called Michael. He still refused to provide his surname. He said he will call me back in 1 or 2 days' time.

Next, I called DBS Bank. The officer said that I have to ask EZ-link. He said he can't even tell me whether the refund will be done through my bank account or whether anything will be refunded. He said it was up to EZ-link to decide. I'm sure they have many customers who link and then cancel the linkage, so why don't they know how the amount is refunded??? Looks like I should forget about DBS and move over to OCBC. The service, queues and everything by DBS is terrible! And remember recently when nobody could withdraw their money because all the ATMs in Singapore didn't work?

So, will I get my $20 back? I would hate to lose $20 to some money-sucking organisation!

Update (7 Jun):
EZ-link called me today. They said the $20 will be refunded to my bank account in 2-3 weeks :D

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

DBS/EZLINK = goverment link

goverment = PAP

believe me dear u have been sucked out for more than $20 all these years......

Anonymous said...

Yu-Kym,

If what you say is true, I am equally perplexed and also angry. Because this is CHEATING! In Singapore, we only let lowly ppl the likes of the pitiful Con-Mic get away with cheating and conning. Organisations and all the rest of the ppl who can think properly but instead use their brains to cheat or con others, surely not!

I do not know much about the mechanisms of EZ link because I dont use the card. But if it were to happen to me, I sure as hell wont be satisfied until I get some right answers. Hey to me this is serious girl!

Are you going to let EZ link get away with it?

silli cat

Anonymous said...

In DBS ATM, u must withdraw at $200!!!!what the hell.....I draw so many cash for what

Anonymous said...

You live in wandeful Sillypore called Con-YouLand.

Anonymous said...

That is SGers call PAP = Pay-And-Pay

Anonymous said...

No, it's Peed and Pooped...and only this poor fella Con-Mic get it! lol

silli cat

Anonymous said...

Pee and Poo on SGers

Anonymous said...

You must have been peed and pooped by Sgers thats why you say that!

I am one of them SGers that did that to you. I feel good, you must too huhh? lol

silli cat

Yu-Kym said...

I've received my refund! Yeay!

Anonymous said...

Well, most systems work in singapore.

The only systems that dont work are for those that cocnerns Con-Mic. Poor fella. Alwayz dealt the raw end.

lol


silli cat