My new gym shoes

9
I loved this pair of shoes the moment I saw them! And it only cost me $19! The shop owner gave me a pair of insoles for free too!



(The shoes actually look alot nicer than in the photo taken with my lousy handphone camera).

Flat-soled shoes are more suitable for doing weights. Running shoes have too much cushioning in the heel that make you have to compensate for the tilt otherwise you'll go off-balance.

I plan on going to the gym during lunch from next week. There's a gym at a community club 3 mins' walk from my office. Membership is only $60 for 6 months! The equipment range and quality is definitely better than the gym near my home that charges $42 for 3 months.

With the gym nearby, now I can be happy at my new job :)

9 comments:

David said...

Yu-Kym,

Nice shoes!

The photo would be greatly enhanced if the owner were wearing them!

I have virtually no arches so I add good inserts in all my shoes.

I belong to a local gym that charges $19.95 per month, very good equipment, clean changing room with showers along with helpful and friendly staff.

David

You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures.
~Charles C. Noble

linyingz17 said...

still looks nice from the pic

;)

very hmm converse style

Anonymous said...

Yu-Kym's creating an immediate impact in her new job in more ways than just her job.

Unless there are jerks in the office, she will be more a positive impact than the opposite.

Perhaps Yu-Kym could keep us posted here how her colleagues take to a strong gust of fresh air
from her debut.

silli cat

Yu-Kym said...

David, your gym membership is cheap! Gyms here charge at least $50 for off peak membership and over $80 for all day membership.

linyingz, I believe mine is a China brand. The designs are nice! The shop owner is from China.

inggrobs said...

Be health conscious.
Be HELL-conscious too.

Anonymous said...

is your book available in any bookstore in msia? i tried searching the large book centre yet, but NO.

Anonymous said...

Hi Yu-Kym,
Just started reading your blog. Interesting stuff you got here. Hope to read of your insights on sex and life.
Celest

Anonymous said...

hai, u have approved my comment regarding where to find ur book in msia, but didn't respond any info ya?

Yu-Kym said...

inggrobs, I don't believe in hell though!

Anon, my book isn't available in bookstores. However, it is available directly from me and I will mail it to you. It is also available at Amazon.com. Please follow this link for information on how to buy: http://yu-kym.blogspot.com/p/buy.html

Welcome Celest! I hope you'll keep reading :)