Food and more food!

4
Mashed potato is one of my favourite food! I made this for breakfast on last Saturday. When I made mashed potato for my sister once, she commented that it's real potato - compared to the flour mix that we normally get when we eat out.


Even though I had breakfast before going to the market, I felt very hungry so I bought a piece of Kueh Lopis. I doubt I'll ever make this Kueh because all that I'll eat at one go is one piece but it'll be crazy to make one or two pieces only.


For lunch, I cooked pasta with salmon. I prefer to pan-fry my own salmon. I like my salmon to be melt-in-my-mouth. When I eat out, the salmon is often overcooked. When I do it myself, I get to cook it to perfection :D



I cooked cod with kuey teow and sweet sauce on Sunday. It didn't look nice so I didn't take a picture. The kuey teow was broken up because I used the one from a semi-frozen packet and I previously had to divide the portion so I broke it up. I still prefer salmon to cod because salmon is cheaper, has fewer (or no) bones in the cut, and has a stronger flavour. I depend on natural flavours because don't use salt in my food.

I didn't pack lunch yesterday but here's my lunchbox for today: Minced beef curry with noodles. I would prefer to use sliced beef but minced beef was all I could get in the supermarket after work. I ate the first pack at 11am. I almost forgot to eat the 2nd pack because I was very busy and lost track of time. At 5pm, I felt extremely hungry. Only then did I realise that I'd not eaten. Though it was time to go home, I decided to eat before leaving the office otherwise I might not make it home alive.


---Updated 9.30pm---
Here's my lunch for tomorrow: Fish with vegetable noodles flavoured with freshly squeezed lemon juice and white pepper. There are gingko nuts, tomatoes, baby corn, an egg, mushrooms, parsley and vegetables.

4 comments:

David said...

Yu-Kym,

Sigh.....

All that good food.

Now I am hungry for some good Salmon and pasta!

BBQ Salmon is also great!

David

God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
--Jim Elliot

geddy said...

your potatoes seem lumpy and dry. you need to use a ricer to get more consistent texture and use quality russets or yukons. the cheaper local ones cannot make it. happy cooking!

wats this? a food blog now? lol

anyone at wrk recognizes u as 'that blogger' at wrk yk?

JAPB said...

I loooove mashed potatoes as well as pasta with salmon!

How do you make your mashed potatoes?