Visited by Pontiniak?

10
While sleeping this morning, after my sister had gone off to work, I smelled a very sweet floral fragrance. It didn't smell like a type of perfume my sister would use. Perhaps it was my neighbour's perfume though they had walked pass my window many times and I never smelled any sort of perfume. Maybe it was my imagination but the fragrance was strong. Frangipani? I didn't get out of bed. I went back to sleep.

Then I was awakened by a bad smell. Something like the smell of rubbish. I live on a high floor so I don't get the smell of the rubbish when the rubbish collector comes. Rotten flesh?

I mentioned before that my room faces a hill. Pontiniaks - if they exist - supposedly live in tree.

My room door was ajar (I left it that way) but I couldn't look out of the room. Perhaps there was something outside my window at the corridor. I was too sleepy to find out. And what was I going to do if I saw what I wasn't supposed to see? If it wanted to hurt me it would have done so already, wouldn't it? I went back to sleep.

When I woke up, the smell was gone and there wasn't anyone else in the apartment. Was I visited by Pontiniak?

(If you are my sister's friend or colleague, please don't tell her about this. I don't want to scare her.)

Related post;
[My true ghost stories]

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously Yu-Kym,

you need a good man by your side and all these nonsense will be non-issues.

silli cat

David said...

Yu-Kym,

More cross cultural education again.

Pontiniak completly new one for me.
Not that I believe in vampires or other mythical creatures.

Wikipedia tells us; the Pontianak, Kuntilanak, Matianak or "Boentianak" (as known in Indonesia, sometimes shortened to just kunti) is a type of vampire in Malay folklore and Indonesian mythology, similar to the Langsuir.

Pontianak are women who died during childbirth and became undead, seeking revenge and terrorizing villages. The name “pontianak” is reportedly a corruption of the Indonesian or Malay “perempuan mati beranak”, or “she who has died in childbirth”.

Did not mention anything about good or bad scents.

It appears you were not hurt, otherwise there would be no post if you were injured.

Being the skeptic that I am, I will presume that breezes wafted the various scents you smelled.

If I remember you are a super taster, and most super tasters are most often have better than average or super olfactory abilities to match.

Have you considered that the scents might have been part of a dream?

-11C outside my window, that should discourage any mythical or real world bad creatures from being outside today.

Happy Weekend!

David

There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.

Chew Albert said...

You just tired. Don't think too much of it. It will goes away

Anonymous said...

No, you are visited by the ghost of "Garry Ng", the ugly man who had sex with over 500 SG gals who are happy to have sex videos made. He is in jail for next 5 years.

Perhaps he read your blog and impressed by it!

Yu-Kym said...

silli cat, you assume that men are less afraid of the 'supernatural' than me ;) Many men are more afraid of speed, height, bugs, etc than I am!

David, I wasn't dreaming but I thought it might have been my imagination.

Albert, ya, I went back to sleep. It's not the first time I've had a ghost in my house!

Anon, so did Gary Ng come with the nice or bad smell?

Anonymous said...

No Yu-Kym,

That's not what I meant. I know for a fact that there are many more men than envisaged than women who are wimps out there.

For your information, I will jump like a jackrabbit and yelp like crazy where it comes to large flying cockroaches flitting round me. But almost anything else dont scare me although I would think one bungee jump in New Zealand is sufficient. That is a real real scary experience during the split second one pushes off the platform. lol

What I meant was that as soon as you have a good man in your life, you will be so distracted by him that all those supernatural imagination of yours will gradually disappear.

You just need to be appropriately distracted that's all. lol

silli cat

Yu-Kym said...

I doubt so. I've had "supernatural" experiences when I was attached.

David said...

Yu-Kym,

You have experienced supernatural events!

Anything you can share?

David

Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting.
~Christopher Morley

Anonymous said...

This Yu-Kym is amazing!

I know that there are many strange things out there that we dont or will ever understand, but to actually experience these supernatural events! Wow!

She must have certain senses more acute than the average person.

But I still think its her brain that cooks up all these, not her senses. lol

silli cat

David said...

Silli Cat,

God is the greatest of all supernatural beings.

Of course Ms. Loh professes no religous beliefs.

She does have a strange interest in the more mythological and obtuse systems of beliefs.

Fengshui and a passing interest in astrology show her interest in powers that remove the individual role of responsibility for events.

Most days Yu-Kym is quite the enigmatice person.

David

Love takes up where knowledge leaves off.

Thomas Aquinas