It's in his smile

9
I wrote in my post, My dream guy, that my ideal guy would be someone who is good-looking in my eyes. I recently realised how to be a little more precise in defining that. Good-looking to me means having a nice smile. I mean the kind that shows teeth. The teeth don't have to be perfectly straight or sparkling white. They just need to look clean. I am attracted to how the whole face lights up and the person's body relaxes. A guy with a great smile makes me smile too.

There are many guys who look good when they don't smile but look weird or even awful when they do. An awful smile is a deal-breaker. There are many serious- or grouchy-looking guys around - maybe because they know that they look better when they don't smile.

A nice smile is rare. I don't see many guys with nice smiles around. Or maybe they just don't happen to be smiling when I look at them. I've only had 1 boyfriend who had a gorgeous smile. Too bad he was too possessive and accused me of lying about my whereabouts.

A guy with a great smile and fit body puts me in a dreamy mode and gets me smiling to myself alot :)

9 comments:

David said...

Yu-Kym,

A geniune smile goes along with what you will see in a persons eyes.

If a smile is not matched by the eyes, leave that person quickly.

David

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right. ~Henry Ford

Anonymous said...

Absolutely spot on!

But beware the smiling assassin less one is begging to be hurt real bad! lol

silli cat

Anonymous said...

Attraction to a smile showing nice teeth is a silly criteria. Worried for you. It does little to shed light on other important criteria and you might be led the wrong deductions

Yu-Kym said...

David, how about botoxed-eyes? Many celebrities have that now. The top half of their faces can't move :D

Anon, you misread what I wrote. I didn't say that I'm attracted "a smile showing nice teeth".

Anonymous said...

I think Yu-Kym's sentence construction about smile and teeth gave me the same first impression ie "she is attracted to a smile showing nice teeth".

However I fail to see why its considered silly to be attracted to a nice smile showing a nice set of teeth. Of course I dont mean that the smile must bare a whole mouthful of teeth! lol That or a toothy smile would be disastrous! lol

But a smile with a little glimpse of a nice set of fairly well proportioned teeth, clean white and fresh-breathed is a crucial complement.

Having said that, we then come to the other criteria on the person's other attributes in order to finally assess whether one is really attracted to him/her or not. It's never wrong to begin with the smile and teeth.

silli cat

David said...

silli cat,

There can be a subtle difference between a grimace and a kind smile.

Any smile, must be accompanied by appropriate and matching body langauge.

David

There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.

Thomas Aquinas

Anonymous said...

David,

Is there only a subtle difference between a grimace and a kind smile? I thought they are worlds apart! lol But there is a subtle difference between an insincere smile and a kind smile. Like the assassin's!

Yes a smile must be complemented by other appropriate behaviour.

silli cat

Yu-Kym said...

David, I agree about having appropriate body language.

silli cat, have you encountered people who can't feel that other people find them repulsive? Those people can't tell the difference between a grimace and a kind smile!

David said...

Yu-Kym,

I have considered what you wrote.

"...how about botoxed-eyes?'

Botox may reduce apparent movement around the eyes. Botox cannot remove or reduce that sparkle that the eye of a man or women very interested in another will show.

I am sure you could relate observations regarding the eyes of males you have shared an evening or day with. I am quite certian you could tell who had only ameretricious interest in you, and those who lusted quietly for that ONS, and the few who wished for romance.

Would you please give your usual pellucid response?

David

The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.

~Author Unknown