Me so tired

3
I know it's the same as every other night but there's new year's eve has a psychological effect on me. For some reason, I always feel extra tried on new year's eve. There were times when I wanted to stay up for the countdown but ended up falling asleep. I think about all the things I've done in the past 365 days and I feel exhausted. My body told me I was tired 2 weeks ago. I was down with a sore throat and runny nose and my wrists refused to allow themselves to be subjected to much more typing. I'm prone to getting strained wrists whenever I type too much. Not being able to go to the gym or type, I spent the past 2 weeks catching up on a TV series: I watched seasons 4 to 6 of Desperate Housewives and season 1 of "V". My friend applauded me for becoming a normal human being who watches TV.

2010 has been a year of change and challenge for me. I quit my job, I moved to a new place and I took on a new "job". I looked at my 2010 goals and resolutions. There are some goals that I've accomplished, and some that I'm far from reaching. I've accomplished the major things that I set out to do - home renovation and publishing my book - but not without problems and frustrations. Even with my book published, I feel further away from financial freedom than I was a year ago. My income tax statement for this year is going to look depressing. Some people have tried to help by offering advice and ideas about what to write about or how to sell my book. But I've done extensive research and reading, so what I need isn't ideas. It's the action to buy my book and to spread the word that I need help with.

When I compare writing and selling a book to an office job, the latter is easy money. So with my stack of unsold books sitting in the corner of my spanking new living room and my painful wrists, I shall cuddle up in bed with a bar of chocolate to watch Desperate Housewives for the rest of 2010.

I wish you a fruitful and happy 2011.

3 comments:

David said...

Yu-Kym,

A chocolate bar to finish the old year and start the New Year sounds very inviting!

You set out an ambitous 2010 plan.

I trust and pray 2011 will leave with lessons well learned so that this new year will be better and brighter.

BTW we know are tried and also tired! Unusual for you to a case of happy fingers!

Happy 2011, from the last few hours of 2010 on this side of the Pacific!

David

Rich is the person who has a praying friend.

-- Janice Hughes

Anonymous said...

I feel for you Yu-Kym,

What you need is to change tack when u feel that the current direction isnt working as expected. This may mean just changing tack in one thing, a few or even all things...but the point is to not stick to the same routine but rebegin afresh with some new paths no matter how much you originally deemed them unworthy.

curious cat

Anonymous said...

So Yu-Kym, have u got over your tiredness and beginning the new year with renewed vigour? keke

silli cat