Protective covers

9
I bumped into an ex-colleague at Sim Lim Square one day before the iPad was launched in Singapore. He just collected his iPad and was buying a protective sheet for it.

My friend bought a Guess bag. I realised she didn't remove the plastic cover that protects the golden logo so I pointed it out to her. She said she loved the bag so much that she didn't want the logo to be scratched.

The Canon camera which I bought came with some free gifts. Among them was a protective sheet for the LCD.

My sister's going to get a tablecloth to protect her precious Picket and Rail dining table when it arrives.

Whenever somebody buys something new, the first thing we do is to get a protective cover, screen or case. There's a whole industry built around such protection.

I didn't remove the protective sheet for the screen of my Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 handphone for the past one year. However, I didn't bother to get a protective cover for the screen of my China-brand handphone.

We all know that many men not want to put a protective covers over their penises. Is it because, like my China handphone, it so lousy that it isn't worth the trouble?

9 comments:

JAPB said...

LOL! Good one Yu Kym!

Anonymous said...

Your China hand phone is equipped with scratch resistant shappire-zinconia glass.

Don't believe, look at all Apple iPhone, all apple products, all hand phone (written on their boxes), all over the world - they all say, "Made in China"

That is what makes them rich and wealthy!

Perhaps I should buy a protective cover for my circumcised dick-head so that I can give more pleasure to my FB!

Anonymous said...

Look at your "Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 handphone" box, "Made in China" again!.

In fact, all Sony Ericsson Products are made in China!

So doesn't matter what brand it is!

They made dick and cunt covers too!

Yu-Kym said...

I believe "scratch-resistant" means with normal usage, not from accidents?

I didn't say "China-made" handphone. I said "China-brand". Most goods that we have here are made in China including wall/floor tiles!

Anonymous said...

"China-brand" handphone made in Singaore?

Yu-Kym said...

Not made in Singapore. Bought in Singapore.

David said...

Yu-Kym,

That last paragraph is really off on a tagent!

I would some men are simply lazy or to selfish to use a condom. Of course a women can say, "no condom, no entry...", followed by her depature.

Protective screens for LCDs however is a good common sense measure.

No Fengshui needed for that.

9/11/2001, never forget.

David

Betty Ong, a flight attendant on American Airlines flight 11, was the first American of Asian heritage to perish on Sept. 11, 2001 when the plane she on was crashed into the the south World Trade Center Tower.

Yu-Kym said...

David, I don't think my last line is off tangent because many men and women take great care of their gadgets and handbags but not their most "prized possessions"! Is it not worth the trouble?

David said...

Yu-Kym,

Your remarks regarding the male member is understandable. I sort of question the logical leap from proctecting a gadgets screen to a body part.

You are likely very aware of why many male are careless about, or simply do not want their prized possession covered.

That btw is enough for an entire article.

David

We never become truly spiritual by sitting down and wishing to become so. You must undertake something so great that you cannot accomplish it unaided.

-- Phillips Brooks