Complaining behind your partner's back

3
There's a friend of mine who complained that he did not like his girlfriend because she was too sticky. She wanted to go with him wherever he went even if it was just to look at him participate in activities that she had no interest in. Something must have happened between then and now - they're engaged! Maybe he figured out that it's better to have a sticky partner than one who can't be reached when needed!

Maybe people just like to complain. Maybe they say bad things about their partners just in case their partners dump them, they'll be able to say, "I didn't really like her anyway." Or maybe there were unappreciative but something happened to make them decide to treasure the people who care about them?

I don't think highly of people who complain behind their partners' back. Who knows what they are saying about me behind my back!

3 comments:

David said...

Yu-Kym,

You are right in saying something must have changed since the complaining male is engaged to a clingy GF.

You are also correct in stating that there are people who always find something to complain about, at work, in the home or about a partner. Even if life is very good for a complainer, there is always something to whine about.


Have a happy weekend!

David

I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when He is
silent.


-- Author Unknown

The Bimbo said...

I think it's in the nature of some people to just complain. THen when they lose their partners they feel... serves them right I guess.

Yu-Kym said...

When they lose their partners, they look and sound so pitiful... if only you'd heard their complaints before their partners left then you will think that their partners deserve someone better.