Is driving the driving factor?

10
There are guys who:
- post pictures of their cars (sometimes without the person in it) on Facebook, other social networking sites and on MSN,
- use car models are their nicknames in Internet chatrooms,
- quickly offer information that they drive.

They’re saying, “Hey, I drive. Wanna go out?”
They use cars to attract gals to go out with them. Does it work? I’ll have to admit: Yes.
I mentioned also in a previous post, [Want more sex?] that my friend who was on a sexual draught got lots of sex after he bought a car.

It all started when I was 16 years old. My then-boyfriend used to chauffeur me around – everywhere, even to school daily. He drove a red BMW with XL exhaust pipe. A parking attendant at King Albert Park used to tease him saying, “Before your car comes, the sound comes.” It was hard for me to transition from being chauffeured to taking public transportation after we broke up. So I favoured guys who drive over guys who didn't. After all, why should I go out with guys and have to suffer and pay for my transport when I could go out without my purse with guys who were willing to chauffeur me around in comfort? If he can afford a car, he can well afford to pay for my dinner. Besides, dressing up, wearing heels and taking a bus or MRT don’t go together.

I’m used to taking public transportation now. I take a taxi when I need to. Owning a car would be a luxury rather than a need for me. Frankly, I dislike finding a parking space, tearing parking coupons and monitoring the time, ensuring that I have money in my cash card, going to the petrol station to pump petrol, going to the workshop, washing and cleaning the car, OMG! It’s a different form of stress.

Dating a guy who drives is a plus point. We can go out-of-the-way places without worrying about catching the last bus or not being able to get a taxi, and we’ll always have a place to make out [read: Having sex in cars]. For serious relationships, I think it is more important to consider whether the guy can afford his lifestyle or if he’s surviving on credit. If he can afford it, having a car would be preferable. If not, I’m fine with saving for our future instead of spending money to buy a piece of liability.


To end off, here's a joke:

A horse and a chicken are playing in a meadow. The horse falls into a mud hole and is sinking. He calls to the chicken to go and get the farmer to help pull him out to safety. The chicken runs to the farm but the farmer can't be found. So he drives the farmer's BMW back to the mud hole and ties some rope around the bumper. He then throws the other end of the rope to his friend, the horse, and drives the car forward saving him from sinking!

A few days later, the chicken and horse were playing in the meadow again and the chicken fell into the mud hole. The chicken yelled to the horse to go and get some help from the farmer. The horse said, "I think I can stand over the hole!" So he stretched over the width of the hole and said, "Grab for my penis and pull yourself up." And the chicken did and pulled himself to safety.

Moral of the Story: If you're hung like a horse, you don't need a BMW to pick up chicks.

Related post:
[Getting blown away while driving]

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

To me, a picture of a car means "I'm ugly"

Anonymous said...

Yu-Kym

Good article. Question for you. If you meet a guy who is everything u wanted but he loves motorcycles and rides one as a weekend treat. Would you forsake him if he wants you to share in his joy?

curious cat

Yu-Kym said...

You mean he has a car and a motorcycle? I'm sure he would appreciate the danger of riding in Singapore and wouldn't make me "sure in his joy" in Singapore. Drivers in Singapore drive like they want to kill people. A man can afford to lose a leg without losing his partner but not a woman.

I certainly won't make him share my joy of getting a pedicure if he didn't want to. (Just an example, I don't go for pedicures).

However, in "safer" foreign countries like Vietnam, I wouldn't mind and I would ride one myself as I did last December:
http://yu-kym.blogspot.com/2010/01/da-nang-29-30-december-2009.html

Anonymous said...

The part about appreciating the danger, you couldnt have put it any better to him and he would understand and not press u. There are other joys in life not only motorcycling. Any guy that doesnt even worth being with.

But perhaps u may exaggerate a little about the dangers of motorcycling in Singapore but certainly there are risks. And certainly Vietnam isnt safer!

curious cat

Yu-Kym said...

All my friends who are motorcyclists in Singapore have been involved in at least one accident.
In Vietnam, although nobody stops to give way, that's the driving/riding culture. Everyone "goes with the flow" while being conscious not to harm anyone. When I rode there, the motorists do slow down when I am trying to change lanes or move off from the side of the road. The trick is not to do anything erratic.

Anonymous said...

In Vietnam I'm not so concerned with how the dense seemingly chaotic motorcycle traffic manage to expertly navigate around each other in the city but when you ride out of the central urban areas, the presense of sand and potholes etc coupled with increased speed and larger vehicles pose a real danger none lesser than in singapore.

But again, a boyfriend who insists that u partake in his joyrides in spite of it being not your cup of tea isnt worth having coz he does not respect your reasonable wishes. On the other hand, gradually in time, I hope my girl will gradually conquer her phobia and join me on her own free will. And normally it never fails. keke

curious cat

Anonymous said...

Hey Yu-Kym!

Newsflash! Finicky Sumiko Tan, 46, supposedly die-hard lonely spinster (but at times pining to be married and have children) reluctantly rode on her hubby-to-be 1000cc bike and emerged liking it enough to marry the bloke! Good for her! Wish her evergreen happiness in this world of break-ups and divorces.

See? Like what I've always said...Timely Patience is a virtue to have when winning over a girl! Even on a matter as unlikely as riding a bike. Well done hubby2b! lol

Except that Sumiko Tan isnt my kind of girl to generate that kind of patience in me to ask riding pillion with me! She is too temperamental for one! keke lol

curious cat

Yu-Kym said...

Besides patience, I think there is a right time for everything. And sometimes, no matter how much patience a person has, there is just no right time.

Anonymous said...

True but who says in life everything works out the way u want them to..even if u have limitless patience?

But if something is worth my while, I would rather be patient for a reasonable length of time than not having tried at all!

Failure is acceptable if she is worth my perseverance. What is unacceptable is giving up just coz everyone says its hopeless! On the contrary, I would persevere even more to win her affection.

curious cat

Yu-Kym said...

I agree with you about perseverance. If something is worth doing, it's worth giving it your best shot so that there's nothing to regret in the future.