Pictures, precious pictures

6
When it comes to photos, there are 2 types of people online:
1. those who refuse to post any photos,
2. those who post and display their photos freely.

Although I understand the issues about online/Internet privacy, some of the reasons give by those in #1 for not posting their photos are simply ridiculous. Here's what they do:
- "you first" (so childish!)
- demand a better display picture from me (why isn't this picture good enough?)
- show me a picture of themselves blurred, they are wearing sunglasses or using something to cover their faces, it's a side profile of their face, the subject is extremely small
- use fake pictures
- refuse to show any pictures. Their reasons are:
(a) "I don't have any photos because this is a new computer", (I'm thinking, sure a 2-year old computer can be considered "new")
(b) "How would I know what you will do with my picture?", (You think too highly of yourself. You think anybody would want to impersonate you or borrow your face/body??)
(c) "I don't like to take photos so I don't have any,"
(d) "My photo is in my handphone. What's your handphone number I send MMS to you?" (Nice try. I'm not going to fall for this one.)
I can't take people seriously if they can't even show a tiny picture of themselves. They obviously have something to hide, be it an ugly face or they want to talk alot of rubbish without anyone knowing who they are.

I believe you are reading my blog because I have revealed who I am. My pictures are available online (I belong to #2) for viewing, downloading, posting in forums, editing, ... and whatever... some things I'd rather not know! If you must edit my photos or put my face on a nude body, I would greatly appreciate if you would select a nice-looking body to attach to my head and do not edit my boobs till they become size AA!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe its because you have nothing to lose, and others belong to a higher echelon in society and thus prefer their privacy kept concealed?

Yu-Kym said...

Only people who intend to shrink from the responsibility of their words and actions or public scrutiny will want to hide their identity. If they can't handle those, then they shouldn't be doing or saying whatever it is they are doing/saying!

Anonymous said...

Again, thumb up for you dear for this post. i am belong to #2 but i DISLIKE someone taken my pic whitout my permission and post without permission too. I dont mind as its posted by me, myself and being copied by from there.

ColdTrickle said...

yu-kym

I quote you "Only people who intend to shrink from the responsibility of their words and actions or public scrutiny will want to hide their identity. If they can't handle those, then they shouldn't be doing or saying whatever it is they are doing/saying!"

Define RESPONSIBILITY: you are part of a family, a society, a nation. you do what you think is right without care for what others feel - be it your parents, siblings, your colleagues, your friends... and you call that RESPONSIBILITY?

you are mixing up two different topics aren't you?

PS: yu-kym, i have made 4 postings today and i just stumbled onto your blog. I enjoy your topics, and i hope you are open to receive differing views. nothing personal.

:-)

Yu-Kym said...

ColdTrickle, I'm copying the definition from a dictionary.
responsibility: the state of being answerable or accountable, as for something within one's power, control, or management (often fol. by to or for): He is responsible to the president for his decisions.

Being responsible does not mean caring for what everyone thinks or feels. If that were the case, none of us can say or do anything. In many cases, you have to say or do something that would make 99% of people unhappy but that's the right thing to do.

So, responsibility to me is being able to own up to the words/actions, to explain further if necessary, and to accept the consequences of one's action, e.g. punishment or desertion by friends/family/public.

Rock Hard said...

responsiblitites is...
in my own term, no need some arty farty sentences la..
Responsibilites is, you can say it, then show me you can do it too.

BTW, only faggots and cowards like to hide in Anonymous and crap every bullshit they want to.
A picture is personal. If the person do not wanna get personal, then no point going any further. Full stop and end of conversation.