5 things I do to de-stress

2
1. Exercise
The more stressed I feel, the harder I need to exercise. The recent increased levels of pressure I'd been facing at work has resulted in an improvement of my 2.4km run timing by 1min 10sec. My average timing used to be 14:45. Now it's 13:35 with my best timing at 13:24.
(Edit: My best timing now is 13:00)

2. Enjoy nature
I love trail running because it makes me feel connected to nature. Diving and trekking are 2 other things which I love. The knowledge of how small I am in the big scheme of life and feeling of being completely at the mercy of nature puts all my troubles into perspective. If there's no opportunity to run, dive or trek, I simply enjoy a cup of tea or coffee while looking at the trees, birds and sometimes squirrels. I find playing with the neighbourhood cats therapeutic too. I don't live near the beach but if I get the chance to I enjoy the sea breeze and the sound of the water rushing up on the sandy beach. The sound of falling rain and the smell of the ground are enjoyable too.

3. Discover/learn/experience something new
This could mean travelling, taking a different running route or route home, reading, listening to new ideas or even trying new food. Have you planned your holidays for next year?

4. Sleeping
When my mind works overtime, I need more sleep to rest my mind. I love sleeping as long as I don't get nightmares! I'm particularly proud of myself if I sleep past noon :)

5. Say No
I don't do anything that I don't want to do (after office hours). I don't meet people whom I don't feel interested in meeting. I don't reply to emails if I don't feel like it. I don't talk to salespeople if I don't feel like it (I sometimes completely ignore salespeople at the MRT stations because I don't even feel like saying, "No, Thanks"). If I don't owe anybody money or favours, I'm not obliged to do anything that I don't want to do.

I do not have sex or masturbate to release stress. Stress lowers my sexual craving. I'm not saying I won't have sex when I'm stressed but, rather, I do not use sex as a means to an end. I love and savour sex for what it is and don't use it as a de-stressing tool.

2 comments:

~Pink Miu Miu~ said...

Mm...good de-stressing methods :) i used to shop when im stressed and when the bills came @end of e mth, im more stressed haha.. nw i took upside down pole dancing to release stress since it's my hobby and it helps a lot and better :P

Everyone needs a de-stressing tool.. juz make sure it dun stresses u more..

Yu-Kym said...

Wa, upside down! You are right - sometimes the de-stressing tool can make us more stressed!