Sexual chemistry

9
I'm sure you must have gotten to know someone of the opposite sex from the Internet. The chat is great, you have common interests and even common fetishes, if you had the chance to discuss those. But when you meet, within the first few seconds, without any exchange of words, you know that you simply have no interest in furthering the relationship, whatever kind it may lead to.

This has happened to me too. I might have seen pictures of the person, spoke with him on the phone but I have zero interest in him the moment I meet him. I don't think it's the way he moves because my like or dislike for him happens instantly even if he does not move. Whereas there are some guys who don't look handsome but smell very sexy to me. I believe choose my mates by sniffing them. It's not about whether they have any bad-smelling odour or just showered. Even a bad smelling odour can be sexy. And a man who initially smells good to me but pisses me off can end up smelling somewhat bad... because his attitude stinks!

The scent of confidence
I think I can smell the sexual confidence of a man. I'm not referring to sex pheromones. A man who is confident of his skills in bed would feel confident and that confidence is communicated through his sweat. You must have heard that animals can smell your fear. Studies show that human beings can smell one another's fear too.

Research by psychologist Denise Chen has shown that human beings can smell one another's emotions, especially fear. In one of her experiments, one group of people (male and female) wore gauze pads in their armpits while watching a horror movie while another group watched a comedy. The pads were collected after the movie. Another group of people were asked to smell the pads and guess which movie the owner of the pad was watching. Women were better able to categorise the pads than men. Men were better at identifying "happy sweat" than "fearful women sweat". Both men and women were best at identifying "fearful male sweat". You can read about another experiment here.

So far, I've not been wrong in differentiating the good lovers from the bad ones. If you're wondering why I've even had bad sex, it's not because my sense of smell failed me; it's because I was curious to find out whether the guy was really as bad as I guessed he was. Anyway, if I've never had bad sex, you can't trust me to describe what good sex is.

Genetics and reproduction
Everyone, except identical twins, has a unique cluster of genes called the major histocompatibility complex (MHC). This MHC gene determines your immune system and also your unique "odourprint". We know that one reason for discouraging incest or inbreeding is to minimise the possibility of unhealthy recessive* traits in the children or offspring. The more dissimilar the MHC genes of the parents, the stronger the immune system of the child.

*Recessive vs Dominant genes
A recessive gene is one that only fully shows its traits when the owner has only that gene.
The traits of a dominant gene overpowers the recessive gene.
Not all recessive genes are bad and not all dominant genes are good.
Examples of recessive gene traits: blue eyes, blonde hair, left-handedness, normal finger joints, deaf mutism.
Examples of dominant gene traits: dark eyes, dark hair, right-handedness, fingers missing 1 joint, normal hearing.
How is blood type derived?


Am I lucky to have this ability?
One friend remarked, "That's a great ability to have. It saves you alot of time."

Other women have this ability too. Perhaps they are not as aware of it as I am.

Zoologist Claus Wedekind 's studies and experiments have shown that women have the ability to choose men as sexual partners based on whether the men's MHC genes, which is found in his body odour, is a suitable match with their own MHC genes.

In an experiment, men were asked to wear the same cotton T-shirt for 2 days. Women were then asked to smell the T-shirts and select the ones that smelled the sexist. Women were able to select the men whose MHC genes matched with their own. It's not about choosing the healthiest man but about choosing one with genes that complement the woman's own genes. So when someone says she's not attracted to a particular man because "there's no chemistry", she might be speaking the truth.

It is interesting to note that the findings show that the use of birth control pills interrupt with women's ability to sniff out the right guys.


I've received emails from guys offering or promising me OMGO's. I have no idea why anyone would think I would agree to it. A better approach would be to send me their "resume": vital stats, pictures, a video of themselves, speaking walking and running, a karaoke voice sample perhaps, along with a T-shirt that they've worn for 2 days :P


Reference:
The Scent of Desire by Rachel Herz

Related post:
[Armpit fetish]

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I've received emails from guys offering or promising me OMGO's. I have no idea why anyone would think I would agree to it. A better approach would be to send me their "resume": vital stats, pictures, a video of themselves, speaking walking and running, a karaoke voice sample perhaps, along with a T-shirt that they've worn for 2 days"


You sounds like an online whore!
Quite difficult for me to differentiate between you and a prostitute....shame on your parents to raise up a girl like you....sooner or later,you will be contracted with STD and then you will regret!

Shaun said...

Should be the other way around. Can you provide me with OMGO? haha

Shaun said...

sooner or later,you will be contracted with STD and then you will regret! ...

STD is curable la ...

If you cant differentiate between an online whore and open minded lady, means it is your lost. Shame on your parents to raise up a person who hides. Sooner or later you be sodomised by someone you hate!

Anonymous said...

Bro Shaun...dun try to support her in order to get a free f*** from her.

Anonymous said...

kym, those guys who are offering you "OMGO", I guess you must be laugh rolling on floor. When I read your last paragraph of this post, what a big "SIGH". Those guys are holy+darn+damn+motherfucking pathetic. I offer you a dog, show your motherfucking "OMGO" skill to make the dog yell "OMGO"!!!

YK said...

Not a day passed without me reading Kym’s blog since I stumbled upon it. I found many posts to be witty, entertaining & blatantly honest. Never mind some contents are conflicting to my values, I read them as another dimension to the subjects.

Save your spiteful comments most of all inference on one’s upbringing cos’ we are not here for any judgmental remarks which hit below belt! .....and I’m not aiming at free f&@< for speaking up!

Anonymous said...

lol... interesting!again, :p

Keep writing on~ Dun care too much on other words. We cant please all people in our life~ No worry, you still have other supporter just like me. ^^

dark snow said...

haha i want the ability too