Older woman, younger man - part 2

7
Before we start, here are some definitions:
Cougar - an older woman who sexually pursues men at least eight years her junior.
Boy toy
or toy boy - a much younger boyfriend or husband of an older woman.
MILF - stands for Mother I'd Like to Fuck. It refers to a sexually desirable older woman, though not necessarily one who has children. Famous MILFs I can think of are Angelina Jolie, Elizabeth Hurley, Nicole Scherzinger, etc, but my favourite is Monica Belluci. She's already 40 years old and still looking hot! You may remember her from the movie Matrix Reloaded. Before that, she starred in the Italian movie Marlena. The movie is about the life of a woman named Marlena during the time of World War I, as seen through the eyes of a pubescent teenage boy. It was this movie that got her the MILF status. (Btw, it is one of the best movies I've ever watched.)




In my previous post [Older woman, younger man - part 1], I mentioned that Older woman + younger man is common nowadays. I think:
Older woman + Younger man = Hot!!!
Older man + Younger woman = Boring *yawn* (I don't even want to talk about it)

For an older woman to be with a younger man, she definitely needs to be either a MILF or a rich lady. I suppose this is why Older woman + Younger man draws more attention.

Do older women have cougar tendencies because sleeping with young men makes them feel sexy? Or is it because young men able to perform better in bed (stronger erections and higher sex drive)? I know some of the older guys would say that younger guys are less skillful in bed but I'm sure many people would agree that age has got no direct correlation to skill.

How young a man is considered too young?

"Half-your-age-plus-seven" rule

I don't know how this came about, but there is a "half-your-age-plus-seven" rule to judge whether the age difference in an intimate relationship is socially acceptable.

E.g.
If you are 40 years old, the acceptable age of your partner would be (40 / 2) + 7 = 27 and above.
If you are 30 years old, the acceptable age of your partner would be (30 / 2) + 7 = 22 and above.
If you are 20 years old, the acceptable age of your partner would be (20 / 2) + 7 = 17 and above.

One variation to this rule is, if the younger person is a foreigner the rule becomes "half-your-age-plus-five". No idea why.

Examples of a few famous couples:
Madonna (51) and her toy boy Jesus Pinto da Luz (22) totally broke the rule.
Ivana Trump (60) and Rossano Rubicondi (37) now separated, and Demi Moore (46) and Ashton Kutcher (30) almost broke the rule. I'm surprised they didn't break it. Is their age disparity acceptable? If not, the rule must be just bullshit.

My preferences

Do I bother to follow the rule? I didn't even know such a rule existed until recently. Now that I know about it, I'm actually inclined to break it :P Who ever cares to do this calculation before having sex with someone anyway??

I find younger guys cute but I would only like those who look and behave manly and have fully developed bodies complete with muscles. I'd like to think that age and sex appeal are not the factors but attitude is. Younger guys tend to be hopeful, optimistic and know how to have fun. The majority of older guys are resigned, jaded, defeated and... boring. It's kind of difficult for me to hang out with guys who have such different attitudes towards life compared to mine. Am I being foolishly optimistic? All younger guys will become old eventually. Would they become pessimistic in the end? Guess I'll have to find that out in the future. Important thing now is to keep my options open and make sure that I become and remain a MILF!

7 comments:

David said...

Yu-Kym,

Interesting post. My own experience is unique in this country.

My wife is 10 years younger, and we have developed a great relationship.

We have grown together through many events, ups and downs. Different in many ways, yet greatly matched in others.

One thing we have learned since we started courting. We recognized early that we had different strong points and different areas of weakness. Working together we have been able to take advantage this knowledge.

In short we work together well, have fun together, and everything we work at together usually succeeds.

I do not know if you have heard, that during the last few years, in the U.S.A., more than a few female teachers have messed up teaching careers by getting involved with teenage male students.

When a 25-35 year old women gets involved with a boy 12-18 year of age, nothing good results. Most of these women lose their careers and end up doing time in jail.

Otherwise, older women and younger men, or men with much younger gf or wife, make for good novels, TV and movies.

David

Banshee said...

Hm, I didn't know those rules that way. Or, might I say I knew it in a different manner.
I've heard from a friend, sociology major, that 7 years plus or less your age (after you become and adult) determines the range of people that shares the same cultural background that you have.
Don't know the scientific background behind that (or if there's such), but I think that it makes sense. That... also helps to determine how much can you share with some partner.

I've never got the opportunity to have a MILF, but can't deny my will to have such experience.
Haha, maybe I am not attractive enough! Need to do more exercises.

Also, about experience...
Of course, as a general rule, age has no connection to sex skills.
Nevertheless, can't help to remember a conversation I had with a Japanese female friend. She's already kinda aged and has quite never been like an average Japanese women. She's kind of an international citizen.
She has this... sex partner/affair, whatever, since their age of 20`s and she was really saying how much better he has become in bed with time. I suppose that, maybe, more than "skill" itself, age might bring you "mental ability" to perform better.

You have asked "How young a man is considered too young?".
I would say that teenagers are not good. But more than an age standard, I suppose that maturity issue, notwithstanding the age.

Anthony said...

It is not true that older man are boring. It all boils down to the person's attitude, aptitude and experience.

Perhaps Kym has just not met the right one yet.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree that Monica Bellucci is one of the great beauties of our time. Simply put, she is the definition of a women!!!

K Mugunthan said...

Older, younger, same age, retards, mentally challenged..It doesn't really matter. As long as the two parties involved are able to compromise and understand each other, the relationship should be a lasting one.
By the way, Kym, do you have Korean blood in you..? :p

Anonymous said...

Hi All,

Younger man = more male hormones = more ardent sex drive. Conversely,
older man = less male hormones = less ardent sex drive = (resigned looking ) resigned to leaving the field to the young studs!
Also as guys aged, we no longer throw all caution to the wind and "mount-up"!
I have been prepositioned by older women and in younger days, would have sent them over the moon; more recently, I backed off cos I have my dignity and seniority to consider.
Happens to most guys!
Regards, Leo

Anonymous said...

sorry for the late response. well I have dated older women since I was yrs old and have been doing so until I reached . that was when I decided I would like to try younger women now. But I have tried to nurture the relationship. the sex was great and all. but in the long run.. it eventually falls off.. the relationship. and you start becoming wiser and start looking for those in your age group.