What does an orgasm feel like (for women)?

10
In the TV series Desperate Housewives one of the characters, Bree, did not realise that she was having an orgasm. She thought she had a heart attack and went to see a doctor who diagnosed it as an orgasm. I'm thinking: how can a woman not know when she's having an orgasm?

But upon doing some research on the Internet, what orgasms feel like for women is a common question. It's asked mainly by:
- young girls and women who have never experienced orgasms
- curious men

If you asked me, I don't even have an answer! How to describe what it feels like? I can possibly describe the different intensity levels of orgasms but not what an orgasm feels like exactly. It's not comparable to any other feeling that I've experienced before such as eating, racing, exercising or peeing. [Female ejaculation feels like peeing but the ejaculation itself is not the orgasm but the effect of the orgasm. Any woman who says that the female orgasm feels like peeing is better off sitting on a toilet bowl than on a guy's face.] I can't say it's the ultimate feeling of "high" because I haven't tried everything in the world, e.g. drugs, skydiving, etc, that could possibly give me a high.

I just know I'm having an orgasm when I have one. It's like, I know whether I am hungry or not - I don't have to think about how it feels. But if I really had to compare orgasms to one thing, I'd have to say it's like Pringles: Once you pop, you can't stop!

[Female ejaculation]
[Multiple orgasms in women]
[Faking orgasms]
[My 3 levels of orgasm intensities]

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess it pretty much the same feeling when a guy is about to ejaculate...can't describe it either....how about a ride on a roller coaster??..I can say that the adrenaline flow is similar...haha

Yu-Kym said...

Thank goodness for the planned roller coaster at Universal Studios in Singapore! Those who can't reach orgasm can go and try to see how it feels :P

Anthony said...

It is interesting that a lot of man will ask what orgasm feels like for a woman but few woman seems to ask what an orgasm feels like for a man..by the way, may I suggest that you have put in a mailing subscriber's list so that if there are new posts, it will be fed directly to our mailboxes?

Anonymous said...

hm...women orgasm...something like meet the highest point of satisfaction on sex. my experience, i could feel the electrical shock on my whole body and feel want the penis to go in deeper and lock it inside....the only thing i dislike is the penis been pulled out too soon after the guy's ejaculation.

Yu-Kym said...

Anthony, I have no idea how to do it. Do you know how to?

Anon, I think 1 reason why guys pull out soon after ejaculation is: they can't wait to take a look at their load.

Here's how my orgasms feel.
http://yu-kym.blogspot.com/2009/08/levels-of-orgasm-intensities.html

Anonymous said...

Haha! you are right! my bf like to watching his load flowing out from my private part. I m taking pills...so no worry about pregnancy...:)

Yu-Kym said...

ya... the cream pie effect. it's advisable to go for regular pap smear even if you have a regular partner whom you trust.

Zaharia said...

hey girls :)

I'm a 41 year old woman and althow i enjoy having sex with my housband, i'm disapointed for the fact that i've NEVER had an orgasm. I hear that for many women it just comes natural, potenta as we call it in my country, but sadly it isn't my case.

Althow i know many women have the same problem, and my comment is of no surpise to anyone, i want to do my best and find a solution.

I've been thinking that maybe my housband isn't as tender and loveable as he should, but curiosity has never pushed me so far as to cheat on him with another man. Should i? Could change be a solution?

I've tried all sorts of pills and aphrodisiacs, but nothing so far...

If you have any advise, please reply to this comment. I've just started posting for a couple of days, so i'll be checking in often :)

Thank you!

Marie

Yu-Kym said...

Hi Marie, the inability to reach an orgasm may be physiological and/or psychological. Unless your husband is a 1-minute-man )http://yu-kym.blogspot.com/2009/06/one-minute-man-vs-micropenis.html) or doesn't bother with foreplay. Are you able to reach orgasms from masturbation? If you can't, then either working on your physiological and/or psychological state or maybe learning the breathing techniques would help.

Anonymous said...

to me a orgasm is the most intensified feeling a state of total euphoria,a mind blowing conception of pure pleasure within...what more can i say..
At the age of 49 they just keep getting better and better.... :D