Enthusiasm is appreciated

10
I asked a guy, "Are you excited to meet me?" He's a guy whom I've been chatting with online for a short period of time. He replied,"So-so." I didn't meet him.

I have to put on make-up, clothes and a smile for him and he just feels so-so about meeting me? I'm perfectly fine if a guy isn't in to me. One man's meat is another's poison. I just don't want to waste my time meeting him. I'd rather stay at home to write and smile for you :) At least some of you feel more than so-so about reading my blog and seeing my photos. Here's one for you!



Some guys think that it's pretentious to say nice things to gals. But gals like hearing nice things and they'll say and do nice things for guys in return and the guys will be happy, so what's the problem??

Sometimes people just like to know that someone's making an extra effort to please them. Is it so hard just to say a few nice words? It's not like they're being asked to buy expensive gifts or pick stars from the sky (well ok, some gals do ask for these).

I'm not saying guys should tell lies. All I'm suggesting is that guys show more enthusiasm for what they already like. Here are some examples, ignoring the importance of body language and the tone of voice.

Gal: Do you like what I cooked for you?
Guy: It's not bad.
(Gal thinks: Not bad as in you were expecting it to be bad?)

Gal: Do you like what I did to your ass?
Guy: It's quite nice.
(Gal thinks: My skills are just "nice"? After the filth I had to put up with?)

Gal: Are you excited to meet me?"
Guy: So-so.
(Gal thinks: So-so, suck your toe... and whatever... yourself!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

just wanna ask, are you an exhibitionist or just some one who is comfortable in their own skin?

have a nice day.

Yu-Kym said...

Maybe both? :P

Anonymous said...

Youre perfectly fine my dear.
just look at bright side.
Been following ur blog quite sometime and this is 1st time posting a comment.

Anonymous said...

Youre perfectly fine my dear.
just look at bright side.
Been following ur blog quite sometime and this is 1st time posting a comment.

HR

Anonymous said...

why not post a near nude shot?

Yu-Kym said...

Thanks HR!

Near nude shot? I'll think about it...

Anonymous said...

i'm in love!

Shaun said...

Why so many anonymous post?

Anonymous said...

If there's no enthusiasm in anything, just dont do it! Including drop the moron who I think deserved what he got fm you. If you are so "so-so" i cant imagine why was he wasting his time with you anyway? duh

But Yu-Kym, but what is so wrong with saying to you your cooking is "not bad"? Thought being upfront with you in a tactful polite manner is what u would expect from your "dream guy" instead of bullshitting you? I cant seem to reconcile this example with your recent remarks on expecting your guy to be frank with you?

curious cat

Yu-Kym said...

Try telling a non-Singaporean Caucasian that their food is "not bad". "Not bad" means you expected it to be bad but it didn't turn out as bad as you expected, but neither is it good.
You assume that my cooking is bad.