Guys carrying handbags

5
Ever seen a guy carrying his girlfriend's handbag? I think it's gentlemanly for a guy to help with the shopping bags or laptop bags but handbag?? How could guys carry that!?? I know some guys don't mind and would proudly do it. Whenever I see a guy carrying a handbag, I go eeeuww in my head! (I didn't check my face in the mirror - maybe my disgust is apparent!)

Some gals expect their boyfriends to carry their handbags throughout the entire day. They get upset if the guys refuse to do it. My take on this is: if you don't want to carry it, don't bring it. If a gal really needs to bring the whole table of cosmetics out, the least she can do is to bring her boyfriend to a men's bag shop and buy her boyfriend a bag to pack in the cosmetics so that he can look like a man.

Some gals expect guys who aren't their boyfriends to carry shopping bags for them while on holiday. My take on this is: if you can't carry it, don't buy it. To ask for help and to appreciate a guy's help is ok but to expect is another thing. Many people (both guys and gals) expect many things and get upset when expectations are not met. I'm no different. I just got to keep reminding myself not to have such expectations and to be thankful to people who help me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree totally with you! Well if we want to help u carry it, we will offer our help. If that is the case just let them carry it. Us poor guys sandwiched on the handbag carrying act, if we don't help we are being label ungentleman, if we help we are seen as sissy. Man its not easy being a guy nowadays...

Anonymous said...

Totally agree on the bag carrying part.

I don't mind the shopping bags and help if you are overloaded, but 100% not the handbag. Not that it makes us sissy or anything, but you would like your partner there to look a little more manly right?

Shi Hao

Yu-Kym said...

Right... I think it's very un-masculine...

Liang said...

dam i almost drop my tears reading this thinking how un-masculine i have looked all this while trying to please my partner's feeling and need for my gentlemancy....

bah... i'm just sad she doesn't understand its wrong for guy to carry your girly handbag that weighs more then you.....

Yu-Kym said...

If you love your partner and it makes both of you happy, why should you care what other people, like me, think?