Holiday Blues

4
Just when I thought I had escaped the holidays unscathed, I'm about to get hit by another one - Valentine's Day. The holidays are hard when I have to get through them without a partner. First there was my birthday in December, followed by Christmas and the new year, then the lunar new year where I get asked the "standard" set of questions by friends and relatives (i.e. do you have a boyfriend, if so, when are you getting married, if so, when you are having children, if so, when are your children going to school, etc). Every year I ask myself what I have accomplished. When I don't have a partner to spend the holidays with I tell myself that it's still better than settling for just any partner. I try to tell myself that I've grown older and wiser, or that I'm better off emotionally or financially compared to the previous year. However, it seems hard to shake off the thought that the only thing I'm getting closer and closer to is my old age and inevitable death. What's worse is I may die lonely.

Although this may sound dark and maybe silly but I kid you not: many people suffer from the holiday blues. The medical term is holiday depression. This usually lasts for a few days to a few weeks and subsides after the holiday season is over. Just remember that it is normal to feel stressed or sad during this time of the year. such difficult times. Or try to manage your holiday blues using this Do's and Don't List or talking to someone - like a family member, friend or counselor. I know chatting with a MSN friend works! Tried and tested!


I'd better go buy a Valentine's Day present before the prices go up! This year I won't have to rack my brain wondering what present to buy for my partner or fear receiving a gift that I have to pretend to like because I'm buying the gift for myself!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice pic... very sexy...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hi kym...

my blog was changed back to click-2-earn-cash.blogspot.com