Condoms: Which side up?

14

Ok, here's the situation. You're making out and getting all hot, you take a condom out of your pocket, you tear it open, you want to put it on but... which is the right side up? So you fiddle around with it a little. If you're lucky you get it right the first time round.

I know this sounds silly but I don't think I'm alone with this frustration. I did a web search and it seems that there is no standard way of knowing the right side up until you try to unroll it. Why don't the manufacturers follow some international guideline on packaging condoms so that it's easy to tell which is the right side up, e.g. printing "this side up" on the package?

I haven't tried buying and rolling out the condoms of all the different brands available in Singapore. Here are a few of my findings:
Durex - Instruction side up
Trojan - Instruction side up
Kimono - Picture side up

Can you post your findings here? I don't know whether there's a standard side up for each brand or does it change according to the batch. Or please educate me if there's a better way of knowing. The use of condoms already reduces the spontaneity of love-making so let's not waste a few more seconds figuring out the right side up!

Related post:
[Use a condom case - just in case]

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog...your pretty cute...as for the condom thing..I never worry about that..a little trick my old girlfriend did sticks with me to this day..just in the center of the condom it will inflate slightly giving you that information your looking for...enjoy

Yu-Kym said...

Hi. I suppose you can tell if you can see it clearly. How about under dimly-lit conditions? I don't want to tear the condom with my nail when trying to unroll it.

TrainMan said...

haha..
this is a very gd question.
for me..if i put it on myself it will be more of trial and error..thats all.

if the girl put on for me..i believe its the same thing also..

Anonymous said...

No...No just hold it and blow in the middle..you will see then put it on him...can be done in the dark.. :)

Taka said...

I think you can juz feel it quite easily, there is only 1 direction to roll down. unless you find the other direction easier to unroll. lol. But I guess both ways also can use? Aniway you got a nice and daring pic there. :)

Yu-Kym said...

Anon, you may be on to something here cos I've never read or heard about such a method. If it's the right side it will inflate, if wrong side it won't inflate? I know my questions may sound silly but I'd really like to get to fully understand how this method works.

Taka, have you tried using it the other way? =p Trust the Japanese to be creative! Maybe invent condoms that can be rolled down both ways!

Anonymous said...

Hm, isnt it quite obvious? There is only one way u can roll it down?

Yu-Kym said...

Anon, yes there is only 1 way to roll it down. But how can I tell which is the right side up instantly (without trying to unroll it)?

Anonymous said...

The solution..practice, practice, practice..can be fun in this case..just find the right guy..:)

Yu-Kym said...

Still no instant solution :(

Anonymous said...

doesnt seem to be a problem for me..just tweak the centre of the condom a little..u shld already know by common sense

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure but usually I always have the girl unrolled it onto my cock using her mouth .

Yu-Kym said...

That's alot of lube to swallow...

Anonymous said...

If you have nails it's a bit tricker. Without nails you kind of just feel around the rolled edge and you kind of try to unroll it with a rubbing motion and you'll know.